On this date in 1913, the South Coast Improvement Association met, President Philip Stanton presiding.
It was announced that Pacific Electric Railway President Shoup had arranged for hourly “Flyer” service on the Newport line, meaning that there would be no way stops between Los Angeles and the Willowville Junction (where the Blue Line meets Long Beach Boulevard at Willow Street today) in either direction. This meant a faster schedule for travelers to and from Bay City, Sunset Beach, Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, and Balboa.
The Roads committee reported that it had met with the Orange County Board of Supervisors to request the building of a county road to commence no later than February 1913 with working commencing at Anaheim Landing or Bay City and then proceeding south along the coast until completed.
– Michael Dobkins