On this date in 1950, Duff Lumber Company advertised in the Long Beach Independent.
Known to locals simply as the lumberyard, Duff (under one name or another) was the go-to spot for construction materials in town into the seventies. It took up most of the lot now occupied by the entire Bay City Center on Pacific Coast Highway.
If anyone has photos from the lumberyard, please contact us.
– Michael Dobkins